Key features of Pulsar are listed below:
- Native support for multiple clusters in a Pulsar instance, with seamless geo-replication of messages across clusters.
- Very low publish and end-to-end latency.
- Seamless scalability to over a million topics.
- A simple client API with bindings for Java, Go, Python and C++.
- Multiple subscription modes (exclusive, shared, and failover) for topics.
- Guaranteed message delivery with persistent message storage provided by Apache BookKeeper.
- A serverless light-weight computing framework Pulsar Functions offers the capability for stream-native data processing.
- A serverless connector framework Pulsar IO, which is built on Pulsar Functions, makes it easier to move data in and out Apache Pulsar.
- Tiered Storage offloads data from hot/warm storage to cold/longterm storage (such as S3 and GCS) when the data is aging out.