Pulsar is a messaging and streaming platform that scales across organizations of all sizes.
As the core building blocks of Pulsar, Pulsar APIs allow you to:
- build applications with Pulsar using client APIs
- administer Pulsar clusters using admin APIs
Pulsar client APIs
Pulsar client APIs encapsulate and optimize Pulsar's client-broker communication protocols and add additional features using Pulsar primitives.
With Pulsar client APIs, you can:
- create and configure producers, consumers, and readers
- produce and consume messages
- perform authentication and authorization tasks
Pulsar exposes client APIs with language bindings. For more details about Pulsar clients, including language-specific client libraries, feature matrix, third-party clients, see Pulsar client - Overview.
Pulsar admin APIs
Here is a simple comparison between Pulsar client APIs and Pulsar admin APIs.
|Pulsar client APIs
|Pulsar admin APIs
|Build applications with Pulsar
|Administer Pulsar clusters
|Pulsar client APIs help you create applications that rely on real-time data.
For example, you can build a financial application to handle fraud alerts or an eCommerce application that creates recommendations based on user activities.
|Pulsar administration APIs let you administer the entire Pulsar instance, including clusters, tenants, namespaces, and topics, from a single endpoint.
For example, you can configure security and compliance, or get information about brokers, check for any issues, and then troubleshoot solutions.
|- Process data with producers, consumers, readers, and TableView
- Secure data with authentication and authorization
- Protect data with transactions and schema
- Stabilize data with cluster-level auto failover
|- Configure authentication and authorization
- Set data retention and resource isolation policies
- Facilitate workflow of application development
- Troubleshoot Pulsar
|- Java client API
- C++ client API
- Python client API
- Go client API
- Node.js client API
- WebSocket client API
- C# client API
|- Java admin API
- REST API