Below are the most common tasks you may want to do. For the exhaustive lists of tasks and the method to perform these tasks, see Tools.
These administrative tasks are categorized based on Pulsar components.
|Category||Components||What do you want to do?|
|Server||Broker||Operations on brokers.|
- Set dynamic configurations on brokers
- Run health checks against brokers
- Shutdown brokers
- Get broker-level stats metrics
|Storage||Bookie||Operations on bookie placement policy. |
- Get or set bookie replacement policy
|Entities||- Topic |
|Operations on topics, schemas, namespaces, tenants, or clusters.|
- Create, update or delete topics, tenants, namespaces, or clusters
- Set isolation policies, configure offload thresholds, or set permissions for namespaces
- Upload, extract, or delete schemas
|Operations on functions, function workers, or connectors. |
- Create, update, and delete functions or connectors
- Get stats of function workers, trigger rebalance of functions to workers
Operations on transactions.
- Get stats of transactions
- Update the scale of transaction coordinators
Operations on packages.
- Upload, download, and delete packages
|Others||- Proxy |
- Resource groups
- Resource quotas
|Operations on proxy stats. |
- Get various monitoring metrics for proxy stats
Operations on resource groups.
- Create, update, and delete resource groups
Operations on resource quotas.
- Set resource quota for namespace bundles
To understand the basics, see Pulsar admin API - Overview
To learn usage scenarios, see Pulsar admin API - Use cases.
To perform administrative operations, see Pulsar admin API - Tools.
To get up quickly, see Pulsar admin API - Get started.
To check the detailed usage, see the API references below.